Win cash prizes and a keynote speaking opportunity at the Green Schools Conference & Expo March 31-April 1st!
Nature’s Voices Project 3rd Annual Student Stories Contest
for 6th-12th Graders
co-sponsored by the Nature’s Voices Project and Green Schools Alliance
EXTENDED CONTEST DEADLINE: December 30, 2015
Did you lead your school’s eco-club? Start a school or community garden? Advocate for Green Schools or climate action in your community? Share your inspirational journey to becoming a Green Schools leader! Read Anna-Belle’s winning story from the 2015 conference here.
- FIRST PRIZE: A keynote speaking opportunity at Green Schools Conference & Expo March 31-April 1st in Pittsburg, PA with paid travel & hotel. $150 cash for youth winner. Story will be re-posted in national media outlets. We welcome story submissions from students, even if you are unable to attend this conference. You will still be eligible for cash prizes.
- SECOND PRIZE: $100 cash prize. Story will be re-post in media outlets.
- THIRD PRIZE(2): $50 cash prize. Story will be re-posted in media outlets.
CONTEST CRITERIA: Your story may include:
- About You and the Program: Who are you? Describe the project or program you are participating in.
- The Impacts of this Program: Topics might include the effects on you (your health or academic achievement), fostering teamwork and cooperation with your peers. School sustainability and the community at large.
- How are you a courageous leader in the transformation to a just, equitable and sustainable world?
- Your insights about the value of Green Schools programs for you, your school, your community and the planet.
- Stories should be around 1,000 words in length.
- Students must be between 6th-12th grades.
- Contest deadline: December 30, 2015 8 pm EST.
- Stories must be accompanied by a relevant photo.
- Stories must be submitted through the naturesvoices.org website
- For questions please email Susan: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTEST COMMUNITY PARTNERS:
Green School Initiative, Green Schools National Network, North American Association for Environmental Education
HELP US PROMOTE THE CONTEST!: Download our flyer here.